Moving offices can be very exciting because you might be expanding to a cool new space, but the stress of the transition can also be quite intense. You have to plan all the things you need to do at the old office before you move out and everything that comes along with the new workspace as well, which always takes far longer than expected!
When you move into your new office, you’ll want to start your operations from day one and get everyone comfortable enough to be productive right away.
The to-do list is one of the best ways to make it easy not to forget the simple things when moving offices. Being on top of everything you need to do will help you feel settled quicker and get your teammates ready to go.
Here is a list of things you must not forget during an office relocation:
3 months before moving day
- Secure movers
- Alert utilities and service providers about the move
- Throw away as much as you can
- Back up important documents and data
- Plan an IT relocation
1 month before moving day
- Contact key partners
- Move some items to the new office if it’s available
1 day before moving day
- Last-minute adjustments
- Final check with the moving team
- Arrange for old office cleaning
On the day
- Stay in contact with movers
- Make sure everything is ready to go
- Do a final check-up of the old office
- Make sure all keys are returned
- Ensure you leave the office clean for the owner
Download this Office Moving Checklist to help you fast track your move, prevent unpleasant surprises, and get everyone back to business as soon as possible.